The Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy is governed by a Board and an Advisory Committee.
In 2017, the first Board of CFIM was appointed. The Board of CFIM refers to the Dean of the Faculty and is responsible for the budget allocation and for the strategic development of CFIM, in consultation with the Advisory Board.
The Board consists of:
- Mogens Holst Nissen, Vice-Dean for Research (acting), Chair
- Cathrine Ørskov, Head of Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Ole William Petersen, Head of Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Observers who participate in Board meetings:
- Klaus Qvortrup, Professor, CFIM (Director of CFIM and Head of Electron Microscopy)
- Clara Prats Gavalda, Associate professor, CFIM (Head of Light Microscopy)
- Karsten Muller, Budgeting manager, Faculty Services, Finance
- Anders Sondrup, Department Administrator at BMI
Secretary for the Board:
- Kirsten Breddam, Special Advisor, Dean's Secretariat
The duties of the Board are specified in the Terms of Reference.
CFIM Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee is appointed by the CFIM Board. The Advisory Committee refers to the CFIM Board and shall give advice, particularly concerning the strategic development of CFIM, the service level and other items relevant to users.
The current CFIM Advisory Committee members are:
- Jakob Balslev Sørensen, Professor, Dept. of Neuroscience (IN), Chair
- Thomas Bjarnsholt, Professor, Dept. of Immunology and Microbiology (ISIM)
- Anne Botton, Professor, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology (DanStem)
- Dorte Frees, Associate professor, Dept. of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (IVH)
- Steven Goldman, Professor, Head of the Center for Translational Neuromedicine (CTN)
- Ian Hickson, Professor, Dept. of Cellular and Molecular Medicine (ICMM), Molecular Aging Program
- Claudia Lukas, Platform leader, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR)
- Guillermo Montoya, Professor, Research director, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR)
- Michael Gajhede, Professor, Dept. of Drug Design and Pharmacology (ILF)
- Hans Wandall, Professor, Dept. of Cellular and Molecular Medicine (ICMM) and Copenhagen Center for Glycomics (CCG)
The members of the Advisory Committee are appointed for three years (from January 2018). The duties of the Advisory Committee are specified in the Terms of Reference.
CFIM supports the Advisory Committee with secretarial assistance, and the chairs of CFIM Board and the Advisory Committee ensure the on-going contact between CFIM Board and Committee Board.